Queensgate Investments LLP is a private investment firm focused on acquiring control positions in asset backed operating companies in Europe, the UK and the US. Queensgate Investments advises and manages around GBP 3.0B worth of assets through the suite of Queensgate Investments Funds.
Key investments include:
- In October 2019, Queensgate acquired Freehand Hotels for c.USD 400M from Sydell, Yucaipa Companies and Alliance Bernstein. Freehand owns 4 landmark assets in the key gateway cities of New York, LA, Miami and Chicago.
- In March 2019, Queensgate Investments LLP acquired for c. GBP 1BN a portfolio of 4 five-star hotels from the Matharu brothers, comprising approximately 1M sqft of unencumbered real estate in central London. Queensgate subsequently leased the hotels to Fattal Group, an Israeli listed hotel company.
- In October 2018, Queensgate sold London Executive Offices, a 5* serviced office operator, for c. GBP 450M. LEO is the owner/operator of 40 assets and approximately 1M sqft of office space across Belgravia, Mayfair, Midtown and the City of London.
- In May 2017, Queensgate Investments LLP acquired Generator Hostels from Patron Capital for c. GBP 450M. Generator is the largest global lifestyle hostel company with 14 predominantly freehold sites across 10 countries, comprising 8,639 beds. Queensgate allocated a minimum of EUR 500M to support a further roll-out of the business into the US, Asia and selected additional European markets.
- In August 2016, Queensgate sold its interest in the 5-star InterContinental Hotel, Conference Centre and Residences at the O2 Arena, acquired from AEG. The mixed use development comprises a 488 room hotel, Europe’s largest hotel connected conference centre, 100 private residences and 40 serviced apartments.
- In December 2015, Queensgate Investments LLP acquired the 906 room Kensington Forum, the third largest hotel in London, for c. GBP 350M from Apollo Global Management. Queensgate is currently in the process of finalising planning submission for a circa GBP 1B GDV redevelopment which will be London’s largest hotel-led redevelopment site.
Queensgate differentiates itself by its flexible, nimble and non-institutional approach.